The first step in preparing for the next season of play will be to create a Team Registration event in the platform using the Event Module. This event allows Team Managers to express interest on behalf of their team and assists the League Registrar in planning and the season configuration process.
The Event Module allows users to host registrations for special events, clinics, camps, coaching education courses, etc. throughout the seasonal year.
Step 1: Creating a Team Registration Event
- Select Event from the Level Navigation.
- Hover over Event Manager and select Create and the Event set-up form displays.
- Event Name – Name of the event
- Create this Event For – Select League and League Detail that is organizing the event.
- Event View Mode – Determines who can apply to the event. Select ‘Open to the Public’ to allow any user with an Affinity profile to register
- Select ‘Restricted’ to only allow members of your league to register
- Calendar Type Name – Determines what the event is for and what options are available for configuration. The options displayed are determined by the State office. For Team Registration, choose Camp.
- Allow quantity registration*– If selected to yes, this will allow you to enter the # of individuals you are applying. (used to create a head count of applicants)
- Require Attendee Name on the Attendee List*– This configuration ties into the previous option. If selected to yes, this asks for the names of the attendees you are registering.
- *Most commonly used for Banquets.
- Requires registration – Must be checked to allow for event registration
- Requires Payment – Will require payment information to be entered by user to complete registration
- Auto Accept – System will automatically accept applicant and send an acceptance email
- Attendee View Mode – Determines whether or not the general public and/or attendees can view the list of persons signed up for the event
- Event Start Date – The date the event starts
- Event End Date – The date the event ends
- Start Accept Application Date – Date when applicants can begin registering
- End Accept Application Date – Date on which applications are no longer accepted
- Seasonal Belonging Year– Year in which the event is classified
- Once all information has been entered, click Save and Continue.
- Next, enter the Event Description using the content editor. This description will appear on the public page.
- Once a description has been entered, click Save and Continue.
- You will then be prompted to enter the location of the event. Create a new location by typing in the location information or choose from previously entered locations. Click Save and Continue.
- Enter a Primary Contact. Their name and contact information will appear on the public event page the main contact for the event.
- If you want to create a new user, enter in their information on the page.
- If you want to assign an existing user, click the Lookup button to locate their account.
- If you want to assign yourself as the admin, click the Assign Myself button.
- Click Create. Once the event is created you will be taken to the Event Info tab and have access to additional tabs for configuration.
- Scroll down on the Event Info tab you will now see an additional configuration option on this page:
- Hide the Number of Current Register in Public – If selected to yes, this is number of registrants will not display on the event registration page.
Your Team Registration event has now been created but still needs to be configured with the specific details your league needs to gather for the upcoming season. Click here to a guide on configuring your event.