Configuring an Event
Event Info: Configurations outlined in the Creating an Event section will appear on this tab.
Event Description: Description of the event. This description will appear on the public page.
Event Location: Location of the event. Create a new location by typing in the location information or choose from previously entered locations.
Custom Fields: If there is custom information you need to gather from attendees you will input the questions here. Custom fields created in this tab will be asked to all event applicants during the registration process. To apply this question to this event, check Applies to Event.
You may wish to consider following custom questions as part of your team registration process.
- Team Name
- Team Captain/Manager Name
- Team Captain/Manager Email Address
- Additional Team Name #1
- Additional Team Name #2
- Previous Team Name:
- Team Jersey Color/Pattern
- Team Jersey Color/Pattern Alternate
- Choose One Team Division (pull down menu of Team Division options)
- Who is your volunteer referee?
- Please indicate the start time your team prefers to play (one or more), please list all times by time. example: 9a, 11a, 1p, 3p, 5p, no preference is No
- Please indicate the times your team is unable to play (one or more):please list all times by time. example: 9a, 11a, 1p, 3p, 5p, no preference is No
- Do any of your players play on other teams? Please list the names of all teams so we can try to schedule around each team.
- Does your team need more players? If so, how many?
Event Administrator: Option to enter/ edit an Event Administrator. If multiple admins are added to the event the user selected as the primary contact will have their contact information appear on the public event page as the main contact.
- If you want to create a new user, enter in their information on the page.
- If you want to assign an existing user, click the Lookup button to locate their account
- If you want to assign yourself as the admin, click the Assign Myself button
Event Preview: This tab will display a preview of your event. The information featured on this page will be visible to the public once your event is set as Active and open for registrations.
Publish Event: Once you have completed configuring your event, it is ready to be published. From the Select Event Status dropdown menu choose Active. When the event is in an Active status a public URL will be created.
NOTE: To allow for registration to this event, a quantity greater than zero will need to be entered in the event session for the minimum and maximum number of attendees. Maximum number of attendees is how many registrations will be accepted.
Event Session tab
Event Session: The system automatically generates one session when the event is created. Additional sessions can be created as needed for various breakout programs within your event.
If you would like to add a new session, simply start entering the new session information on the current page. Once completed, click Create. The new session will appear in the List Available Session(s) for this Event area.
If you would like to edit the system created existing session, select the Edit link in the bottom corner of the List Available Session(s) for this Event area.
- Session Name – The default session keeps the same name as the event. This can be edited.
- Min Attendees – The minimum # of attendees that need to register for the event to take place and not be cancelled
- Max Attendees – The maximum # of attendees that can register to the event session before it is automatically shut off and applicants can no longer apply
- NOTE: The system automatically defaults this number to zero. In order for applicants to register to the event this number must be updated prior to publishing.
- # Waiting List – If the session reaches the max. # of attendees, a waitlist can be created in case of any of the previously registered applicants can no longer attend.
- Session Start Date – Date the session starts. Must fall within the event start and end dates. For the default session the event start date will automatically be generated.
- Session End Date – Date the session ends. Must fall within the event start and end dates. For the default session the event end date will automatically be generated.
- Registration by Invitation only – If selected, a customized link will be generated for the session. Only those that register from the private link will be permitted to apply.
- Recur every week on – If this is an ongoing session that will take place on the same day of the week for multiple weeks the days can be selected to display to registrants.
- Event Description – Description of the specific session.
- Certification License Level – If you selected the Coaching Education as the event type, you will have an extra configuration to select the license level for the event registration.
Session Location: If the session has a specific location that differs from the main event location you may enter the information on this page. Create a new location by typing in the location information or choose from previously entered locations.
Session Itinerary: This feature is unavailable.
Session Staff: If the session has specific staff members you may assign those roles on this page. User types available include Event Administrator, Event Assistant, Head Instructor, and Assistant Instructor.
Custom Fields: If there is custom information you need to gather from attendees who are applying to this particular session you may add the questions here. Custom fields created in this tab will only be asked to those applicants registering to this session during registration.
Fees: To begin creating fees, select your fee type from the New Fee Type dropdown menu.
- Select Registration Fee from the new fee type dropdown and enter the desired amount.
- The Other option can be utilized if additional fees or a different fee name is desired.
Fees can be classified as Mandatory (M), Optional Select (OS), or Optional Non Selected (ON).
- Mandatory (M) fees are required be paid during the registration process.
- Optional Select (OS) fees pull into the applicants order and show as part of their total but can be unchecked and not paid.
- Optional Non Selected (ON) fees appear on the payment page but do not pull into the total and the applicant has to check the fee option to purchase the “product”.
Once a fee is created it will appear in the Edit a Fee Type dropdown and can be edited at any time.
Payment: Configuration of accepted payment methods applicants can select for any event fees. Credit Card, E-check, or Manual deposits such as cash, check, cashier’s check, money order, free, scholarship, etc. These selections can only be configured by an Affinity Sports representative. Please contact the Affinity Sports Support Center or your Technical Account Manager for assistance.
ELA (Electronic Legal Agreements): ELAs such as online liability waivers, codes of conduct, and refund policy; require players (parent/guardian for minors) and coaches to electronically agree to terms and conditions. The waiver is time/date stamped and is stored in the users account for easy print access at any time.
- Use New Event Online Registration Flow: Check to use the default event registration process.
- Click here to configure link: Provides the Event Admin the ability to edit each page of the online registration process.
- Copy all: Allows the user to copy online registration configurations from another event. To copy enter the Event ID # and click the Copy N Apply button. The Event ID # is found on the Event Info tab of every event.
Discount: Type in your promo code, expiration date, and discount amount. The code is case sensitive and limited to 6-10 characters. If code is entered as “SKILLS” (all capital letters) the registrant will have to match the case in order for the discount to be applied.
Add Attendee tab
As the Event Admin you have the option to internally register an applicant. This will allow them to bypass the online registration process and automatically register them into the event.
NOTE: The Add Attendee tab will not appear until you have set your event as Active under the Publish Event tab.
To internally add an attendee please follow the steps below:
- Click Add Attendee.
- Click the Find and Register Attendee.
- Search for member by entering their Name, DOB, and gender, or by entering their Affinity ID#.
- Once the member has been located, check the Select box across from their name and click Submit selected.
- A message reading ‘Successfully Added to [Add Attendee] box on screen behind’ will appear. Click Close.
- Click the Register button across from their name.
- You will be taken through the application screen for the attendee. Proceed to fill out any required or necessary fields. Once completed you will be taken backed to the Add Attendee page.
- Click Continue.
- All new attendees will be listed on the page. If this event has a fee, click the Create Order link for each attendee. If there are multiple attendees you have added proceed to click Create a single order for all attendees above to create one order for all.
- Click on the Order Number to enter payment information for each applicant. (If applicable).
Applicant: The Applicant tab provides search capabilities, email functionality, financial information, etc. for applicants once their registration has been submitted. View profiles and additional information about applicants by clicking on their name to access their user profile.
You can also update an application status, class grade, or move an application to a different event session. To do so, the specific session must be selected from the Event Session dropdown.
Report: Several canned reports are available including attendee information, session information, and remittance/ financial details. Select the report you would like to generate from the dropdown menu, then click the printer icon. Once the report is generated you will be able to export the data into several programs.
TIP: The Attendee All Fields (CSV) Report will provide you with a full list of all registrants and any custom questions asked during the registration process. You may wish to use this report to create your Teams to be used in online player registration.
Template: Emails are automatically sent to applicants upon registration and upon acceptance of their application. These automatic emails can be customized through templates within the Event Manager. Click on the message template title to edit the template.
- Template - Title of system generated template
- From Address - Email address of the person or organization sending the email
- From Name - Name of the person or organization sending the email
- Subject - Email subject line
- Message - Body of email message
- Hide sender - Allows for the sender’s name and email to not be shown to the applicant. This is not advised due to a higher probability that the email will end up in the recipient’s spam/ junk folder.
- Delay time - Allows the user to configure the emails to go out after a specific amount of time has elapsed.
TIP: If you look to the left of the message configuration area you will see a group of macros (custom fields and standard fields). Using macros will allow for customized information to be automatically pulled into the email template. Click within the body of the message then click the desired macro to utilize.
Documents/ Forms: The option to upload any custom waivers or forms. Forms will be able to be printed at the final step of the event registration process.
Configurations can be changed at any time. Be sure to have all information configured before Promoting your Team Registration in order to ensure all data points are gathered before the upcoming season.